New Year’s Resolutions Homeowners Are Making!
2022 is here and with the fresh hope and ambition of a new year (don’t groan just yet) comes the energy to change things for the better.
It’s the perfect window of opportunity and an ideal door leading to changes for many homeowners (see what we did there?) to improve their humble abodes.
Below are seven resolutions you could consider making to make your home a little bit sweeter, neater, and nicer.
1. Cut down on energy use – With bills rocketing, many homeowners are determined to be more mindful of the energy their home consumes.
2. Smarter homes – We’re not just talking about having a tidy-up but embracing technology to make your life easier. Smart apps and products can do a range of wonderful things. Such as turning your heating on exactly when needed, playing music to calm your pets when you’re out, and 101 (and counting) other ways to reduce your to-do list.
3. Declutter the garage/loft/cupboards – Whatever the space that ends up being the dumping ground in your home, the new year is THE perfect time to declutter it. Why delay doing it until spring?
4. Safety review – Check your smoke and any carbon monoxide alarms. Not just in January but resolve to do it at least every month.
5. Money, money, money – Chances are that your home and running it is one of your biggest costs. Take the time to look at your monthly budget and get your financial house in order by cutting back on unnecessary costs. Do you really need all those subscriptions you never use?
6. Move without moving – Sometimes, all your home needs is a bit of a move around. How about putting the sofa somewhere different? Or swapping lamps in different rooms? If a change is as good as a rest, this will help you relax in your home that little bit more.
7. If your 2022 ambitions involve moving to a new home, the good news is we can help. Whilst we can’t help you stick to most of the resolutions above, selling your home successfully is something we’re experts at helping our clients with contact us today to find out more.
Here’s to a happy, healthy, and homely 2022.
How can Dylan Davies help you?
If you have a property to sell we would love to hear from you. Get in touch to arrange your no obligation property appraisal, or take a look at our free instant online valuation tool for an idea of what your property might be worth. On the other hand if you're looking to buy please make sure you register your interest early, plus keep an eye on our Facebook and Instagram stories for sneak peeks of the properties we have coming to market soon!
Posted on: 4 January 2022