Are you thinking of selling this Winter?
Winter has truly announced its arrival with the recent Storm Arwen causing damage and chaos across the country.
And while many of us batten down the hatches during the colder months, some of us are seeking to start the new year in a new home.
The good news is there are still plenty of serious buyers out there at this time of year, and once you’ve selected your estate agent it’s time to think about the best ways to showcase your home.
Based on our years of experience, below are five pieces of winter selling advice that could turn your early 2022 move from a dream into a reality!
- Get Cosy - Something as simple as ensuring your home is warm and well-lit during winter viewings can make a significant difference in how prospective buyers feel about your home.
- Maintenance Matters - Winter weather can highlight little niggles such as leaves blocking guttering. You want to try and remove as many concerns as possible that a buyer might have about living in your home.
- The Great Outdoors - If you have a garden, don’t ignore the impact winter storms and weather can have on its visual appeal. Before putting your home on the market, tidy up your outdoor areas and keep a weekly eye on them to ensure they are looking their best.
- Think Flooring - Carpets and flooring can take a hammering over the wetter months, so be mindful of how your flooring looks to a prospective buyer
- Seasonal Change - If your property has been on the market for a few months and has not sold, you need to ask your agent to take fresh marketing photos. For example, a property on sale in the winter with pictures taken during the summer can dramatically date your home and raise concerns among prospective buyers as to why it hasn’t sold!
We're here to offer free advice about selling your home, so contact us today if you have any questions about how to successfully move this Winter.
How can Dylan Davies help you?
If you have a property to sell we would love to hear from you. Get in touch to arrange your no obligation property appraisal, or take a look at our free instant online valuation tool for an idea of what your property might be worth. On the other hand if you're looking to buy please make sure you register your interest early, plus keep an eye on our Facebook and Instagram stories for sneak peeks of the properties we have coming to market soon!
Posted on: 1 December 2021